1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 16, 2016 5:39 AM by Rick Gerard

Basic layer time adjust

Bergvall

Hello Adobefolks!
      I'm new to AE and is just getting started with a infographic composition with the help from some free templates.
      I've managed to create a scene with some elements from this template but now when i try adding another premade icon to the scene I can't change its endtime! Seems extremly basic but I cant figure it out. The same type of icons is used earlier in the scene and I was able to adjust the time for them. How do I fix this? Thanks in advance! best regards

aescreenshort.png

• 1. Re: Basic layer time adjust
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Your best friend is the search help field at the top right corner of AE. Type trim layer or what ever thing you are having problems with in the top right corner of AE and follow the suggestions in the community resources.

Learn to use the keyboard shortcuts and explore the menu's and memorize common things you do by reading and using the keyboard shortcuts that are next to the menu items like this one from the Edit menu:

Screen Shot 2016-06-16 at 5.27.14 AM.png

That's Shift + Ctrl/Cmnd + D

The shortcut for seeing in and out points is Alt/Option + [  and Alt/Option + ]

Also, if you are having problems with a layer you can press the u key twice with the layer selected to reveal all modified properties of the layer.  this make trouble shooting much easier.

1 person found this helpful