4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2009 1:40 PM by Mainmanian

Combining two display objects

Mainmanian Level 1
      I have an application that has an image control and sitting on top of an image control is a canvas with some filled in graphics. I would like to create a JPEG image of the combined entities. The Canvas is a translucent canvas (backgroundAlpha = "0.3"). Any thoughts on how to do this? I see that you could use blendMode that will show you a resulting image taht is a combination of the two, but there seems to be no API call that I am aware of which will let me combine two display objects and create a single entity out of them. Thanks
        • 1. Re: Combining two display objects
          Level 7

"Mainmanian" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gpq4f2$air$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I have an application that has an image control and sitting on top of an
          >image
          > control is a canvas with some filled in graphics. I would like to create a
          > JPEG
          > image of the combined entities. The Canvas is a translucent canvas
          > (backgroundAlpha = "0.3"). Any thoughts on how to do this? I see that you
          > could
          > use blendMode that will show you a resulting image taht is a combination
          > of the
          > two, but there seems to be no API call that I am aware of which will let
          > me
          > combine two display objects and create a single entity out of them. Thanks

ImageSnapshot?

• 2. Re: Combining two display objects
            Mainmanian Level 1
            Best I can tell, ImageSnapshot takes a bit map image of a single canvas. I need to consolidate a canvas and an image into a single combined IBitmapDrawable entity.
            • 3. Re: Combining two display objects
              Level 7

"Mainmanian" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:gq2af8$kvk$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Best I can tell, ImageSnapshot takes a bit map image of a single canvas. I
              > need to consolidate a canvas and an image into a single combined
              > IBitmapDrawable entity.

Any reason you can't put them together into another canvas?

• 4. Re: Combining two display objects
                Mainmanian Level 1
                None really. I will do that. That should work just fine. Thanks