2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2016 12:41 AM by Rick Gerard

How do I use motion traking on two points of an object or image?

gabriele61234589

I already know the basics of motion tracking and applying it to a layer or image. I cannot however figure out how (assuming it is possible) to apply two tracked null objects to a single image. In particular, I am looking to link point on a Pen mask to motion tracked null objects via parenting.

If you have any methods or questions about what I am trying to achieve please ask away!

• 1. Re: How do I use motion traking on two points of an object or image?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You cannot track mask anchor points. If it's a simple line, you can use the Beam effect and apply the tracking data to it's position controllers. Anything more elaborate will have to be done in mocha or otehr tools that support mask tracking.

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How do I use motion traking on two points of an object or image?
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

gabriele61234589 wrote:

... I cannot however figure out how (assuming it is possible) to apply two tracked null objects to a single image. In particular, I am looking to link point on a Pen mask to motion tracked null objects via parenting.

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do because I'm not sure that you are using the correct terms. You can individually track as many details in a shot as you want. I do it all the time. You can apply that data to any layer including a null so if you are familiar with Track Motion then you should already know that you can track two different details.

I'm not sure what you mean by apply to a single image. You can Motion Track position rotation and scale and get two points applied to a single layer. What is really confusing is what you mean by link a point on a Pen Mask to motion tracked objects via parenting. It would really help if we knew what you were trying to accomplish. As Mylenium said you cannot parent to a vertex. You can, however, through the use of some 3rd party scripting help attach expressions to a vertex. If we knew exactly what you were trying to do maybe we could point you in the right direction.

1 person found this helpful