5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2016 10:51 AM by JimHess

Lightroom plan

romanet.tx

Hi,

I was thinking that lightroom was like an app, that you buy it once, not that we needed to by a monthly plan. Is it the only option that I have? Can't I just buy lightroom?

Because I'm not really interested buy the creative cloud or photoshop, I really just want lightroom.

• 1. Re: Lightroom plan
          99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can buy LR6 from the following link. After clicking "Buy" change from Full to Upgrade if you own a previous version; then select your existing LR product from the drop-down menu and the correct pricing will be displayed. Then simply choose “Add to Cart”

Products

• 2. Re: Lightroom plan
            dj_paige Level 9

You can buy Lightroom as a one-time only purchase, $149 US if you've never owned LR before, $79 to upgrade from a previous version of Lightroom.

Software & Services

• 3. Re: Lightroom plan
              romanet.tx Level 1

Thank you!

• 4. Re: Lightroom plan
                romanet.tx Level 1

Thank you!

• 5. Re: Lightroom plan
                  JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

However, be aware that you will not have all of the features that are now included in the subscription plan. There have been a number of new features Including but not limited to the dehaze filter and new lens correction adjustments that will never be part of Lightroom 6. If/when Lightroom 7 is released as a standalone version those features will "probably" be included as part of that upgrade. And the upgrade will have to be purchased. If you subscribe to the monthly or yearly payment plan you will receive new features as they become available. This standalone Lightroom 6 will only receive updates that willing to support for new cameras. And, again, when/if Lightroom 7 is released there will be no more support (even camera updates) provided for Lightroom 6.

Lightroom is an app. Regardless of which way you decide to go, Lightroom is installed locally on your computer, runs locally on your computer, all work is saved locally on your computer. It is actually the same program. The only difference is how Lightroom is licensed. And the licensing will determine what type of updates you will receive.