3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2016 3:53 PM by elisap68132797

LP

elisap68132797

I want to convert a PDF file to Microsoft Word. I received a message that "Password is protected, Please remove."

I feel so stupid. I don't know how to do that.

Please help me. Thank you.

• 1. Re: LP
          olafdruemmer Level 2

The PDF is probably password protected for a reason - somebody decided to disallow various things, including conversion to some other format. The only legal thing to do is to get in touch with the owner or creator of the PDF and ask them for either an unprotected version of the file, or maybe a Word file right away.

Olaf

• 2. Re: LP
            elisap68132797 Level 1

Thank you so much. I finally accomplished the task and made it work.

Take care

• 3. Re: LP
              a_C_student Level 3

Hi Elsa, does the password protection prevent you from opening the file, or just from doing certain things like converting it to Word? In the case of the former, as Olaf points out you will need the password from the document owner. If the later, and if you are sure you have the legal and ethical right to do so, Google will easily find free services to remove the password protection. PDF to Word conversion is kinda hit and miss though, so please do not have too high of expectations.