11 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2016 12:28 PM by danconsole

When is CC2016 coming out?

BUMER Level 1

Half of the year is already passed and still no CC2016. When is the new version coming out? I personally can not wait for for the new Dreamweaver, I hope to see speed, bug fixes and modernization improvements.

Now that adobe is charging us monthly, they should give us more updates, especially bug and performance fixes.

So, does anyone have any news about the CC2016 release date?

• 1. Re: When is CC2016 coming out?
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

soon.

• 2. Re: When is CC2016 coming out?
            BUMER Level 1

I actually could guess that too lol

• 3. Re: When is CC2016 coming out?
              GerardArmando Level 1

They'll have us waiting...

• 4. Re: When is CC2016 coming out?
                Rajashree Bhattacharya Adobe Employee

There might be an announcement prior to its launch.

Regards

Rajashree

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: When is CC2016 coming out?
                  BobbyH5280 Level 3

Previous Creative Cloud release dates:

Adobe CC: June 17, 2013

Adobe CC 2014: June 18, 2014

Adobe CC 2015: June 19, 2015

I think it's understandable many CC users would be expecting a "2016" update of Creative Cloud right about now. It's a consequence of a subscription-based model. Gotta be able to deliver on a set schedule in return for the steady subscription revenue. Hopefully Adobe hasn't fallen too far behind schedule.

In the past, with perpetual licenses, users only upgraded whenever the upgrades were released and only if the upgrade was deemed good enough to buy. There wasn't as much pressure coming from the clock under that model.

• 6. Re: When is CC2016 coming out?
                    danconsole

yep. The fact that they released all three major updates in the last years like clockwork makes us expect a certain punctuality. However, prior to these years there was never a rigorous schedule. I'd wager they could be expecting to release something on MAX - which happens in november, just like last year's photoshop and after effects (I believe) minor updates.

• 7. Re: When is CC2016 coming out?
                      GerardArmando Level 1

So... They released new updates today... But NO CC 2016 YET.

Illustrator is now v20 but it's 2015.3...

• 8. Re: When is CC2016 coming out?
                        danconsole Level 1

Just saw it. Pretty underwhelming. I think a proper '2016' release will be due to november only.

• 9. Re: When is CC2016 coming out?
                          GerardArmando Level 1

a release in november should be called 2017 instead... justsaying.

• 10. Re: When is CC2016 coming out?
                            BobbyH5280 Level 3

The updates from yesterday (a variety of point-2, point-3 and point-5 incremental updates) were okay, but certainly not like a full version update. I think the video production applications had the most interesting new features. Content aware crop in Photoshop has some decent possibilities. One aggravation: even though these updates were incremental they installed as if they were entirely new versions, making my desktop and taskbar short cuts invalid.

I feel like Adobe Illustrator is just badly neglected. That app could be so much better. There's a whole laundry list of features it needs (that are already present in rival drawing programs like CorelDRAW and sign making programs like Flexi) to be more productive. I'm not talking silly gimmick features to "connect" more with smart phone apps either. I'm talking about a lot of basic things when it comes to editing objects, paths and type as well as precisely sizing and placing those objects. Illustrator is just plain frustrating to use for any technical drawing purposes. Users can blow $300 or more for plug-ins like CAD tools and still find the application coming up short.

The people running Adobe need to allow the application development teams work on making these desktop applications work better rather than caving to investor demands for these applications to conform to short term fads, like all the mobile hook gimmicks. I suppose it's sort of cool I can use some pattern creation tool on my phone to create fills I can select in Illustrator. But that's not something I'm going to use very often at all. I like my Galaxy Note 5, but it's a flat out crude creative tool compared to my desktop computer and Wacom Intuous tablet.

• 11. Re: When is CC2016 coming out?
                              danconsole Level 1

I feel like Adobe Illustrator is just badly neglected. That app could be so much better. There's a whole laundry list of features it needs (that are already present in rival drawing programs like CorelDRAW and sign making programs like Flexi) to be more productive. I'm not talking silly gimmick features to "connect" more with smart phone apps either. I'm talking about a lot of basic things when it comes to editing objects, paths and type as well as precisely sizing and placing those objects. Illustrator is just plain frustrating to use for any technical drawing purposes. Users can blow $300 or more for plug-ins like CAD tools and still find the application coming up short.

I couldn't agree more on this. I particularly feel like Illustrator could benefit from a simple smart objects feature, to allow for less rendering impact on larger pieces. Photoshop also works the same way it did 20 years ago. I myself find it easier to just edit some pics on after effects, as it's quicker to add some specific color effects. Also, the lack of support for Android and Windows is getting ridiculous. I agree that it's easier to develop for a consistent OS and hardware but Adobe isn't trying at all. Things like XD, live font previews and a bunch of interesting mobile apps just get shown off but none of it actually gets to a wider user base just because of... laziness?
                              Seriously would like to see some official feedback on all these issues, but it'll probably just be buried here anyways.