7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2016 8:14 PM by MobileDeveloperCK

I need to change the page background colour

Jarfm

I need to change the page background colour in Acrobat reader on my iPad like I can on my MacBook under accessibility but I can't find anywhere to change it? There doesn't seem to be any accessibility settings for the iPad version not even to read the page to me?

• 1. Re: I need to change the page background colour
          meenakshin83966505 Adobe Employee

Hi jarfm,

These features are yet not available on Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile application.

If you wish, you can fill the feature request form for this here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Regards,

Meenakshi

• 2. Re: I need to change the page background colour
            MobileDeveloperCK Adobe Employee

Hi jarfm,

Do you mean that you want to invert colors of pages in a PDF document?  Would the "Night Mode" option in Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPad help?

To enable Night Mode in Acrobat Reader

1. Open a PDF document.
            2. Tap the View Modes icon (that looks like eyeglasses) in the bottom bar.
            3. Select Night Mode from the menu that pops up.

NightMode.png

Please note that Night Mode applies only to the currently open PDF document in Acrobat Reader.  The toolbars, menus, buttons or icons are not affected.

If you would like to invert colors for the entire user interface on your iPad/iPhone, go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Invert Colors.

Text-to-Speech vs. VoiceOver

Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPad does not provide an In-App Text-to-Speech feature ("Read Out Loud") to read a PDF document.  There are no buttons or menus to start, pause, or stop reading the contents of a PDF document within the Acrobat Reader app.

Alternatively, you could use Apple iOS built-in screen reader "VoiceOver" to read a PDF document.  But it probably does not work as you expect.  Because VoiceOver reads all buttons and other controls that you select on the screen.

You can go to iOS Settings > General > Accessibility > VoiceOver to turn it on and navigate back to an opened PDF document in Adobe Reader for iOS to have VoiceOver read the PDF contents.

Once VoiceOver is turned on, you need to use special gestures, such as three-finger swipe or double-tap, for navigation.  (However, many users find it difficult to navigate with VoiceOver turned on.)

AccessibilityFeatures.png

(Tap/click the image above to enlarge)

Hope this helps.

• 3. Re: I need to change the page background colour
              Jarfm Level 1

Night mode didn't help - I need to actually change the colours.

Sent from my iPhone

• 4. Re: I need to change the page background colour

Unfortunately, neither Apple iOS or Acrobat Reader provides an option to customize colors.

The other option that you can find on an iPad/iPhone is Settings > General > Accessibility > Grayscale.

Sorry, I wish I could help more.  But what's all Apple iOS and Acrobat Reader have for now.

• 5. Re: I need to change the page background colour
                  Jarfm Level 1

Well, anything other than black and white would help. The Kindle doesn't have colour changing capabilities apart from a "sepia" setting. This helps immensely as it uses colours that don't "glare" which makes it easier for other's like me to be able to read a book on a Kindle without using the text to speech function.

Sure I'd prefer to customise my colour choice BUT I would prefer something like the sepia setting over nothing at all.

Sent from my iPhone

• 6. Re: I need to change the page background colour
                    Jarfm Level 1

Also, the Greyscale option on iPad/iPhone doesn't change anything with a black and white PDF... It's already 2 shades of greyscale - one at each extreme!

Sent from my iPhone

• 7. Re: I need to change the page background colour

Thank you for the feedback and the Feature Request form that you've submitted.