• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System crash and links break

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2009 Mar 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a lot of problem with this project. First the file got corrupted for some unknown reason. I fould out that you could rename the .cpd file and allow the system to build it again. After it was rebuilt, nearly all the link came up broken. Also, a lot of the files in the project were changed to external files. What could have caused this? And what do I do about those external topics? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2009 Mar 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lenfrog33 and welcome to the RH community.

Project corruption can be caused by the source files being located in a network drive. Note this often includes the "My Documents" folder or your desktop. RH uses an Access DB which are prone to all sorts of problems when run over a network. The solution is to always have your source located on a local drive and backup them up to a network drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2009 Mar 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Colum McAndrew,
Thank you for that information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp