5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2016 2:13 PM by Just Shoot Me

Image structure lost

marcv3219356

Hi all,

I accidentally deleted the original file structure of my Lightroom images so now Lightroom can't find any image. I still have all my images but they are in a different structure. I have a Lightroom catalog backup file too.

Is there a way that Lightroom can put all these images back into the structure of my catalog? I could do it by hand but it's a lot of work..

Thanks,

Marc

• 1. Re: Image structure lost
          Alfred Pennyworth Level 4

I think you will be out of luck and have to do this manually if you don't have a backup of the folders not just the catalogs. Lr just backs up the catalog and not the photos.

Good luck

• 2. Re: Image structure lost
            Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Is the structure the images are in now on the same hard drive or an external drive?

• 3. Re: Image structure lost
              marcv3219356 Level 1

They are located on my NAS in a subfolder called "Old photos" located in the folder "Lightroom", and Lightroom saved the pictures in the subfolder "photo" in the same folder "Lightroom" and that folder is gone.

• 4. Re: Image structure lost
                dj_paige Level 9

I don't think you have answered the question asked by Just Shoot Me. (Or if you did answer it, I don't understand the answer).

Is the hierarchy of folders the same, or not? It doesn't matter what the top level (parent) folder name is, as long as the sub-folders have the same hierarchy and names. Is that the case or not? Can you show us a screen capture of the Lightroom folder panel and another screen capture of your operating system showing the folder structure of the place where the photos still exist?

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Image structure lost
                  Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

marcv3219356 wrote:

They are located on my NAS in a subfolder called "Old photos" located in the folder "Lightroom", and Lightroom saved the pictures in the subfolder "photo" in the same folder "Lightroom" and that folder is gone.

Let me point out that Lightroom does Not make backups of your images. LR does not Save images anywhere. You can Export images from LR.

You say you Delete the file structure of your images, and I take it all your images. If you did that outside of LR then all of them should be in either the Trash, on a Mac, or the Recycle Bin, Windows. You can Restore them from either of those two place, depending on the OS you are using, to there original location. That is if you didn't empty either the Trash or the Recycle Bin.

If you did empty the Trash/Recycle Bin and you don't have a backup of those images I am sorry to say they are gone.