3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2016 2:00 AM by andywhitehouse39

Initialising installer

andywhitehouse39

Hi, Purchased and downloaded LR6 upgrade. Downloaded ok, initialising installer starts then grinds to a halt and just sits there. Probably because I went stand alone and not CC. Any help please and not clever tech answers please, I'll never understand them

• 1. Re: Initialising installer
          Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi andywhitehouse,

Please follow the below mentioned steps:

1. Win: Navigate to C/Program Files(X86)/Common Files/Adobe/OOBE and rename it.

Navigate to C/Program Files(X86)Adobe/Adobe Creative Cloud and rename it.

2. Mac: Navigate to /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE and rename it.

Navigate to Applications/Utilities and trash Adobe Application Manager and Creative cloud folder.

Try installing again and let us know whether it worked.

Regards,

Mohit

• 2. Re: Initialising installer
            andywhitehouse39 Level 1

Hi

Thanks for contacting me.

i use MAC,

I can’t find Appl support/ adobe/OOBE so I can’t rename it and if i could find it what do i rename it to?

I cant find Adobe app folder so can’t trash that but I have trashed ll CC folders

It still does not initialise

I have installed LR6 on my macbook but i need it on my IMac

Best

Andy

• 3. Re: Initialising installer
              andywhitehouse39 Level 1

hi

is there anything else i can do?

when i purchased CC last year it would not install, it took adobe 60 mins plus to install and it never really worked so i cancelled it, now i have the same problem, LR 5 worked with no issues but i nee 6 bro read my NEF files from Nikon D500