4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2009 12:20 PM by elirazit

security

elirazit
      hi evrybody,

Is there any way to protect the final files of captivate from downloding or from capture the screen, after puting it in the server just for opening the e- learning file ,after the payment?

thank you very much.
      anat
        • 1. Re: security
          www.cpguru.com Level 4
          It's possible (with the use of a Flash component) to lock the files so that they only play on certain domains. This can prevent people from downloading your files and playing them locally or on another domain.

I doubt that it would be possible to prevent people from downloading the files alltogether. That also applies for preventing people from capturing the screen.

/Michael
          • 2. Re: security
            elirazit Level 1
            hi michael,
            thanks for your reply.
            i didn't understend why it's possible to lock the files , but it's possible to
            downloading the files alltogether ?
            • 3. Re: security
              www.cpguru.com Level 4
              quote:

Originally posted by: elirazit
              hi michael,
              thanks for your reply.
              i didn't understend why it's possible to lock the files , but it's possible to
              downloading the files alltogether ?

Hi Anat,

It would be possible to download the files, but they wouldn't play. Basically you can make a component that "locks" the timeline in Captivate so that your project is paused indefinetly if it isn't played at the right domain.

For a small demonstration see here: http://www.captivate4.com/2008/12/26/secure-your-captivate-content/

/Michael
              • 4. Re: security
                elirazit Level 1

Hi Michael,
                these are realy good news for me.
                thank you very much.
                all the best,

anat