4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2009 12:20 PM by elirazit

security

elirazit Level 1
      hi evrybody,

Is there any way to protect the final files of captivate from downloding or from capture the screen, after puting it in the server just for opening the e- learning file ,after the payment?

thank you very much.
      anat
        • 1. Re: security
          www.cpguru.com Level 4
          It's possible (with the use of a Flash component) to lock the files so that they only play on certain domains. This can prevent people from downloading your files and playing them locally or on another domain.

I doubt that it would be possible to prevent people from downloading the files alltogether. That also applies for preventing people from capturing the screen.

/Michael
          • 2. Re: security
            elirazit Level 1
            hi michael,
            thanks for your reply.
            i didn't understend why it's possible to lock the files , but it's possible to
            downloading the files alltogether ?
            • 3. Re: security
              www.cpguru.com Level 4
              quote:

Originally posted by: elirazit
              hi michael,
              thanks for your reply.
              i didn't understend why it's possible to lock the files , but it's possible to
              downloading the files alltogether ?

Hi Anat,

It would be possible to download the files, but they wouldn't play. Basically you can make a component that "locks" the timeline in Captivate so that your project is paused indefinetly if it isn't played at the right domain.

For a small demonstration see here: http://www.captivate4.com/2008/12/26/secure-your-captivate-content/

/Michael
              • 4. Re: security
                elirazit Level 1

Hi Michael,
                these are realy good news for me.
                thank you very much.
                all the best,

anat