5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2006 10:23 PM by Joellyn_H.

macromedia flash

bill1438

I had macromedia flash and somehow lost it. now I cant log into my online bank of america account site key because i dont have macro flash. when i try downloading flash it says "When you see the installation completion movie above" then the download was succesfull; but the installation movie never shows up. its like im missing something but i dont know what to do. any help would be greatly appreciated! Bill
        • 1. Re: macromedia flash
          C-Rock Level 2
          close all your broswers, reboot and only open up one window to install it after restart
          • 2. Re: macromedia flash
            Grapixz
            ha..I have that issue myself.
            I uninstalled flash and shockwave..and now I can't install them again.
            you think the download site is broke or something?
            I get the same thing No Download window and no download=no movie.
            I tried all kinds of stuff even reseting IE back to the defaltI settings!!!
            I've been trying to download it to use with the soundclick player,
            I tried10+ times with no luck and that was enough to make me upset.. I give up for now!!.
            Text Is the DownLoad link Broke?
            • 3. Re: macromedia flash
              Grapixz Level 1
              you would think more people would host Flash for Download,but most of the sites lead back to the download here.
              And thats a bummer!!
              • 4. Re: macromedia flash
                Level 7
                since millions of users have downloaded and installed the flash player from the same location,
                perhaps it's your specific OS?/ Browser security settings? Browser add-on that blocks flash?
                Conflict with something on your local machine? It isn't due to where you download it from - perhaps
                you are not a power user on your system? could be a myraid problems.

--> Adobe Certified Expert (ACE)
                --> www.mudbubble.com :: www.keyframer.com
                --> http://flashmx2004.com/forums/index.php?
                --> http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/flash/articles/animation_guide.html
                --> http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*flash*&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Grapixz wrote:
                > you would think more people would host Flash for Download,but most of the sites lead back to the download here.
                > And thats a bummer!!
                >
                • 5. Re: macromedia flash
                  Joellyn_H.
                  I too was having a lot of problems with not viewing websites that I used to be able to view. I found myself here after contacting support. Funny thing is as I was about to close my message center (e-mail) the small bar popped up and said : this site might require flash player 8 to view install activex. So I did and now I can view the sites that keep me out and totally confused. I'm thinking maybe my ISP provider's site required it as I was on their e-mail site when this happened. I also checked my add/remove programs and it was installed,as it wasn't before.