2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2016 4:59 AM by cbishop01

How to run a Startup Script from a network script?

cbishop01 Level 2

I want to place my start up script on the network so that way When i update or modify the script it will updated on the other computers the script is on.  Is this possible with a start up script?

Thank you

Chris bishop.

• 1. Re: How to run a Startup Script from a network script?
          Loic.Aigon Adobe Community Professional

You can use a shortcut to the script rather tahn the file itself. So if any users use the shortcut, then any changes you made onto the file should be reported to other computers given they all have access to the min volume.

Apart from that a client of mine uses some utility to dispath a file across all the users computers so they are up to date in one click. But i can't remember what it was exactly. I think it's some native feature of MacOs. Will try to get some info.

Eventually keep in mind that startup scripts require inDesign to start over if any changes are made into the script.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to run a Startup Script from a network script?
            cbishop01 Level 2

Nice that is the easiest Solution to any of my problems yet..  And i know that indesign needs to be restarted i'm just looking for a more fluid solution.  Rather than telling the guys to stop what their doing and replacing  the script.