2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2016 9:02 AM by S and P LLP

Acrobat 11 Standard - Missing Features!!

S and P LLP

Hello,

We have upgraded from Acrobat 8 to Acrobat 11 Standard a few weeks ago on 120+ workstations here at our company. Most of the procedure has gone smoothly, even customizing the toolsets to fit the staff needs, but we cannot change the default options for the "ADD TEXT" feature...we have NO OPTION to "Set as default". NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THE "Text Box" FEATURE, which works normally and lets us set default options as usual.

Here's some notes on what we've attempted in hopes it helps:

- "Press CTRL+E while highlighting the text, or clicking in the text box, or after clicking just the border" - This displays a small box saying "Properties: No current selection" NO MATTER HOW I DO THIS it won't show anything different. I've read other forums with the same issue but they didn't get a resolution.

- "Edit the registry key: HKCU\Software\Adobe\Adboe Acrobat\11.0\Tx..." - This was taken from an Adobe X forum but apparently all the values are different on version 11 because I searched the entire registry for JUST the font value and it doesn't exist. Manually navigating there has none of the "Tx..." keys that version X uses.

- Update Adobe - We've had to update it to get the send-to-email feature to work properly already. No further updates available.

- Every variation of right-clicking the Text-box and it's border but no matter what list I get none of them say "Properties" or "Set current as default".

I'm at my wit's end here and as far as I can tell there is no way to set a default font/color for the "Add Text" feature. Again, the "Text Box" feature has it on the right-click menu AND IN THE PROPERTIES but the "Add Text" feature is missing the default option entirely.

Pleeeeeeeeeeease let me know if this is normal or if I'm somehow overlooking an easy answer! I've been searching online for a week now and haven't found any resolution to this problem (although found many other people with the same issue). Any advice/assistance is appreciated!!