1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 21, 2016 10:22 AM by m_vargas

How do I find the version of Adobe Flash Player installed on my Mac

Jim04 Level 1
      1. How do I find the version of Adobe Flash Player installed on my Mac?  I am running OS 10.11.5 and Safari 9.1.1.
      2. How do I determine if I need to update Adobe Flash Player
        • 1. Re: How do I find the version of Adobe Flash Player installed on my Mac
          m_vargas Adobe Employee

There are several different methods to check what version is installed, two of them are:

Option 1:

• Go to System Preferences > Flash Player > Updates tab.  There are 2 variants of Flash Player on Mac, NPAPI for Safari and Firefox, and PPAPI for Opera and Chromium-based browsers, and both will be listed in the 'Updates' tab.
          • If Flash Player is installed the version installed will be listed here.  If there is a version listed, click the Check Now button and Flash Player will check for an update.  If an update is available a notification dialog will display.
          • If there isn't a version listed, then Flash Player isn't installed.  Click the Install Now button to launch the browser to the download page.  Download and install Flash Player.

Option 2:

• Launch the browser and navigate to https://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about.
            • If Flash Player is not installed, a "Missing Plug-in" message will display where Flash content should display.
              • Click the "Missing Plug-in" text and a window displays indicating Flash Player is required displays.
              • Click More Info button to be direct to the download page to download and install Flash Player
            • If a previous version of Flash Player is detected, and Safari has blocked it, click the "Flash out-of-date" text and a windows displays indicating Flash is out-of-date displays.  Click Download Flash... button to be directed to the download page to download and install the latest version.