3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2016 4:34 AM by Roei Tzoref

new Queue in AME

rikbogusz Level 1

“Add compositions to Adobe Media Encoder with render settings”

I’m trying out this new feature this morning. The settings in the AE render queue don’t seem to move to Media Encoder when hitting the Queue in AME button. I have quicktime .mov settings in AE, yet when the export appears in the queue in Media Encoder, the format and preset settings are the defaults i have set in ME for H.264 and .mp4.
      Am I missing something??

• 1. Re: new Queue in AME
          FakeGreenDress Level 1

This feature sends your Render Settings (quality, framerate, motion blur etc.) and output filepath to AME, and stores a log of sent items in the Render Queue's Comment field. Output Module settings do not transfer, as AME supports a different range of codecs and features than After Effects, including many that are not part of AE, such as h.264 or direct output to social media. Queued items sent to AME will default to your last-used output preset.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: new Queue in AME
            rikbogusz Level 1

Thanks! That explains the why and what's happening. Unfortunately not super helpful in my workflow. I export to a handful of different codecs throughout the day,  defaulting to the last used setting or preset pretty much kills the usefulness of this new feature.

• 3. Re: new Queue in AME
              Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional
              I export to a handful of different codecs throughout the day,  defaulting to the last used setting or preset pretty much kills the usefulness of this new feature.

this issue is very easily managed by dragging your presets from the preset browser to the queue items or selecting them from the preset menu in the queue itself. there are a lot of benefits using Queue in AME vs ADD to AME Queue - here is a quick comparison from 02:54

here I cover gotchas about Add to AME Queue from 04:12:

also useful information here:

After Effects CC 2015.3 In-Depth: Queue in Adobe Media Encoder | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe