2 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2017 11:17 AM by rob day

Why do my colour swatches change colour when I add images to a slide?

emilyd57719266

Hi guys

I constantly am working on work documents in InDesign and I've recently had an issue I've never had before..

I have my RGB colour swatches set up and to give you an example of what happens please see below:

I have text and objects in my desired RGB swatch and when I place images onto the page the colours change to a duller version. But my swatch is still set to the colour I want. I'm no expert but is this something to do with the images causing the swatch on that page to turn to CMYK?

I don't know how to stop it doing this I would be REALLY grateful if someone could explain this to me!

Thank you!

Joey

Screen Shot 2016-06-22 at 13.42.37.pngScreen Shot 2016-06-22 at 13.42.46.png

• 1. Re: Why do my colour swatches change colour when I add images to a slide?
          gator soup Level 4

what do you mean by swatch -- you have an ID document set up with RGB objects?

what do you mean by placing -- you are dragging objects from one document to another (and that's where the color changes)?

i'm guessing the documents and/or objects contain mismatched color spaces and your Color Settings are set up to ignore profiles

in essence, the color management system (CMS) is assuming/applying the default RGB color profile/space and CMS's conversion to the monitor profile is changing the screen preview because the wrong object profile is being used

one way to be catch a profile issue would be to set your Color Settings like this (and see if a Mismatch or Missing Profile warning is triggered when you try to duplicate the problem)

cs.jpg

• 2. Re: Why do my colour swatches change colour when I add images to a slide?
            rob day Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't know how to stop it doing this  I would be REALLY grateful if someone could explain this to me!

Set your Transparency Blend Space to RGB. Just keep in mind that if the document destination is print the color will have to be converted to CMYK at export or output.