10 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2016 3:01 PM by brm0700

Aerender crashing and Submitting Jobs outside of After Effects

brm0700

Hello Adobe community,

I'm having a bit of trouble that I've seen a few others have had but I was hoping to find out if anyone could shed some light on this particular issue.

I've been using BGRenderer for a while but within the last couple of months, it was unable to communicate or send it's job to serenader, resulting in an error in the command prompt that says AE has crashed.

Launching aerender...

aerender version 13.2x49

After Effects can't continue: sorry, After Effects has crashed. For After Effects Help and Support, go to http://www.adobe.com/go/learn_ae_support. If you still can't resolve the issue, please contact Adobe Technical Support (2).

aerender ERROR: After Effects can not render for aerender. Another instance of aerender, or another script, may be running; or, AE may be waiting for response from a modal dialog, or for a render to complete. Try running aerender without the -reuse flag to invoke a separate instance of After Effects

I found out through BGRenderer that something is up with aerender, and even at the basic level of dragging and dropping a project with a queued render onto the aerender executable results in the window coming up and AE crashing instantly. I can render within After Effects just fine, but would like to see if I can diagnose this problem since using aerender outside of the application, specifically with regards to using BGRenderer, would greatly speed up my project renders.

The things I've tried are:

Fresh install of After Effects, with no other third party plugins installed

Rendering from a very basic comp with just a solid

Trashing AE preferences

Installing the latest build of AE (2015.3) and trying it on that (The crash also occurs across multiple AE versions, including CC 2014)

I'm on Windows 10 machine, using both AE CC 2014 and 2015, and, if it's applicable, an NVidia GTX 980 graphics card. My main questions thoughts are if there's a specific permissions issue or some other task that may be blocking or stopping aerender's ability to process a render outside of the application.

Thanks for any help!

Brian