1 person found this helpful
Flash Player version 188.8.131.52 is the latest version. If you have that installed and Safari is blocking it as being out-of-date, the issue is with Safari, not Adobe.
At this point, I would recommend performing a clean install of Flash Player:
- Delete all previously download Flash player install files from your system, including deleting them from the trash
- Launch Safari and go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer and download the installer for version 184.108.40.206
- Go to Uninstall Flash Player for Mac OS and download the uninstaller
- Quit all browsers (they need to be quit out of, not just closed)
- Run the uninstaller
- Restart your computer, make sure the checkbox for 'Reopen windows when logging back in' is NOT checked.
- Run the installer downloaded in step 2
- After installation completes, launch Safari and navigate to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html - it should display version 220.127.116.11 as being installed.
Thanks Maria - I have only just seen your kind reply and before I saw it I'm pleased to say I have already managed to solve this having decided/ discovered I needed to ensure the uninstall of the blocked version was complete. Your reply had I found it earlier was just what was needed!! Many thanks.
Maria - sorry for replying to myself not you! This is my first use of this site and I have been somewhat stressed this evening! Thanks again.
you're very welcome, and no worries. Glad everything is working correctly now.