3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2009 8:42 AM by Ned Murphy

Fast Forward and Rewind Timeline

jasonjam Level 1
      Hello,

Can someone help me with fast forwarding and rewinding the timeline. I have a project that is 6000 key frames long and when it goes through re-visions I have to wait until the head gets to that point and if I happen to miss what I updated I have to start over.

I merely need a way to seek forward and back through the timeline.

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Fast Forward and Rewind Timeline
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          You can try using code to jump where ever you want to be, though you have to manually set it for where you want to be in the timeline.

In the first frame just put gotoAndPlay(#) where # is the frame you want to jump to.

You could also create a menu that sits the length of the timeline as a temporary piece where you either specify a frame in a text field and click a button, or have several buttons that do different things, go different places. You then remove it when you're finished with the file.
          • 2. Re: Fast Forward and Rewind Timeline
            jasonjam Level 1
            Thanks for the reply Ned but what I'm trying to do is have the Fast Forward and Rewind work like a video would rewind or fast. I'm not sure if this is possible working linear.
            • 3. Fast Forward and Rewind Timeline
              Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              I don't think you can change the FPS dynamically, but even if you could, you'd still need to build in some controls to stop it and whatnot, otherwise you'd zoom right thru what you wanted to see.

You oughta build yourself a little movieclip in a separate file that acts as an interface for managing where you are on the timeline that you can copy/paste it into a timeline whenever you need to do what you want to do now.

You could have one button that fast forwards by skipping frames, say jumping 50 frames at a time (and you could make it settable), and do something similar for a rewind. You could also have a button that uses an input text field where you specify a frame to gotoPlay(). So you could jump immediately to the region of your testing interest and replay from that point repeatedly.