• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Not enough memory" errors on Illustrator CC 2015.3

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting constant "Not enough memory" issues even making small adjustments, usually followed by a crash.

Tried reassigning scratch disk to a larger drive, no change.

Sticking with 2015.2.1 for now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Hi All,

We have observed that the reason for this dialog was that Illustrator (2015.3) seems to be conflicting with some clipboard utility applications running on the system.

If you are encountering this issue then please try to quit the clipboard utility & then try to use Illustrator.

Please drop an email to ShareWithAI@adobe.com if this do not resolves the issue.

We are investigating this issue.

With Best Regards,

Raghuveer Singh

Illustrator Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here on my Mac Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like a simple reboot may have sorted it? Maybe it's okay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've rebooted and also reinstalled from scratch but no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that didn't fix it. "Not enough memory" for even simple actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for customers who collaborated with us in helping us understand their workflow. We have fixed multiple memory leaks that were leading to the out of memory issues in CC 2015.3. The error is a generic error that pops up for variety of reasons if you are still seeing the error in thisCC 2015.3 please email us at sharewithai@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I wait to see an update to CC 2015.3 before emailing about memory issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi johnm24306495​

Will it be possible for you to join a connect session ? If yes then please drop an email to ShareWithAI@adobe.com

Also please do mention the forum thread link in the mail.

Thanks & Regards,

Raghuveer Singh

Illustrator Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branched off to a separate discussion on this topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was with the same problem. I realized that it was a conflict between Adobe Illustrator 2015.3 and the PasteBox. Closing the PasteBox the problem is over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We have observed that the reason for this dialog was that Illustrator (2015.3) seems to be conflicting with some clipboard utility applications running on the system.

If you are encountering this issue then please try to quit the clipboard utility & then try to use Illustrator.

Please drop an email to ShareWithAI@adobe.com if this do not resolves the issue.

We are investigating this issue.

With Best Regards,

Raghuveer Singh

Illustrator Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked! I run Irradiated iClip and as soon as I quit it that seemed to solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a couple minutes I get the Out of Memory box again but It's not crashing anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that turning off Alfred's pasteboard recorder has fixed my 'out of memory' issue.

I seem to remember the exact same bug in an early version of AI 19 as well. Not good enough really. You should be able to learn from your earlier mistakes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Alfred 3. I think I have everything turned off, but the problem is still there ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, getting rid of PasteBot seems to have solved the "Not enough memory" errors for me. Whew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2016 Jun 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost every clipboard manager I tried resulted in the "Not enough memory" error, including: PTH Pasteboard, copy'em paste, keyboard maestro, paste - as my workflow is based on such a clipboard manager this is a BIG issue for me and I will have to go back to the last version of AI. Any idea when this will fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2016 Jun 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Paste – smart clipboard history manager for Mac is working perfectly well with Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem with Paste 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 01, 2016 Jul 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 I think disabling AI on Paste apps should stop the problem but it isn't.

I've quit Paste 2 and so far the problem not appear anymore.

In the previous AI version this isn't the problem, please fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support suggested to rename a folder:

Gosia: In go to folder , type ~/library

Gosia: Open the Preferences Folder > Open the Illustrator  19 Settings folder.

Gosia: Rename en_US to en_USold.

This ended the problem for a short while, but the next day it was back.

Now I'm shutting down Keyboard Maestro and the clipboard features in Alfred, but this doesn't help either.

I'm too busy to contact support again. IMHO this is a serious problem which needs to be fixed really fast. I'm waisting time and losing money restarting Illustrator or shutting down clipboard managers. On the other hand I'm paying quite a lot of money for my CC subscription. 

So Adobe: get to work and fix it. Fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I've turned off the clipboard option in Unclutter. It seems like every app has a clipboard functionality, but I think this is my last one.

Even though, Adobe should step up and fix this. I'm waiting for an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 Please fix!

It works fine with all clipboard apps (in my case Alfred and Keyboard Maestro) in previous versions of Ai. So this absolute an Ai issue! So turning off clipboard managers is NO option! So please fix this as soon as possible!

feek

edit: best solution right now is reinstall Ai 19.2.1 via CC-desktop (select previous versions) ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've found a workaround:

- turn off in File Handling & Clipboard: include SVG Code!

After setting these options, Ai 2015.3 works OK.

solution.jpg

So there seems an issue with the parsing of the SVG code to the clipboard! An encoding issue? Copying the SVG-code to the clipboard works fine in 19.2.1!

Regards,

Feek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works a treat for me too! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines