3 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2006 6:32 AM by Enroid

Flash Crashes

Enroid
      Has anyone had this before? It's kind a problem that needs to be resolved now, my whole website is on hiadus until I can find out to fix this problem. I've tried re-installing but it doesn't work, looks like Flash just dislikes my computer. Any help?
        • 1. Re: Flash Crashes
          Level 7

"Enroid" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message news:e2kf3p$num$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Has anyone had this before? It's kind a problem that needs to be resolved now,
          > my whole website is on hiadus until I can find out to fix this problem. I've
          > tried re-installing but it doesn't work, looks like Flash just dislikes my
          > computer. Any help?

At startup or later? If it crashes at startup, it could be caused by a bad font. Move some fonts out temporarily if you suspect
          this.
          Could be a video driver problem..update to latest one for your video board.
          If you use Windows XP, do a restore to an old date and see if Flash works. If so, something messed with a system file since then
          (probably).
          Download a ram tester and test your ram. I had that once.. cheap OEM ram causing intermittent crashes. Changed to Corsair ram and
          it was ok after that.
          good luck,
          tralfaz

• 2. Re: Flash Crashes
            Enroid Level 1
            The crash occurs when I said: When opening or creating a document. This is a real pain in the *** because I have a ton of work to do in Flash.
            My video drivers are the latest available.
            I have 1gb of PC3200 Hynix RAM, although I'll try to test it some time soon.

Are there any alternatives to flash that... work? I need something for tracing an image to a vector manually and Flash is failing to deliver.
            • 3. Re: Flash Crashes
              Enroid Level 1
              Fixed!
              Turns out my USB Tablet driver was giving flash the *****. Uninstalled them, bingo. Problem solved.