3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2016 7:46 AM by -trick

cordova logo with no app after apk install

-trick Level 1

I am very new to this.  I made a simple website basically using phonegap and built it with phonegap build.  when I install the apk on my phone I just get the "apache Cordova" robot and the blinking text that says "device is ready".  Nothing after that. it works with the phonegap android app, but thats just basically a web server that the app dials into and shows it a page.

so I have a couple questions. 

1.  Why is the apache cordova logo still there?

2.  why isn't my content showing?

• 1. Re: cordova logo with no app after apk install
          -trick Level 1

also.  I did try to google this question first.  and every time I saw a link that looks like someone had a similar issue it linked to this adobe forum but once I clicked on the link it said it was deleted to moved... 

• 2. Re: cordova logo with no app after apk install
            kerrishotts Adobe Community Professional

What, exactly, did you upload to the PhoneGap Build service? Keep in mind that CLI projects are not directly compatible with PGB -- you have to make some changes to config.xml (paths as well as config.xml has to be relative to "www", not the project root).

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: cordova logo with no app after apk install
              -trick Level 1

You are correct!  I had all sorts of problems.  the XML file was in need of changing.  My xml file was not in the www folder and when I uploaded the zip to build I uploaded the whole project zipped.

so what I did was (in case anyone else was didn't read the instructions first...)

• updated the xml file
              • moved the xml to the www folder
              • added <script src="phonegap.js"></script> to index.html
              • and only zipped and uploaded the www folder to phonegap build.