6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2018 7:27 AM by Abambo

Logos

PatsyJoe

If Stock images aren't allowed to be used for company logos, how is it possible that I find vector illustrations in Stock with text similar to:  'company name' under an illustration?

And why can I search Stock and find vector illustrations that have been used in logos designed by logo-design websites? If I compare the logo witih the Stock images, many are very similar or the same. Changes include different colors, partial usage, mirror image or rotated vectors, almost identical lettering. While it may be possible, I can't imagine that the designer of the art is the same person that owns the design website.

If I search Stock for logo's, I can find thousands of icons. Can I use these in a logo?

Can you please explain this?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Logos
          Sheena Kaul Adobe Employee

Hi Patsy,

Please refer Which licence to get for images purchased for company logo?

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

• 2. Re: Logos
            PatsyJoe Level 1

Hi Sheena,

I have read the feed you are referring to, and I understand it. But that doesn't answer my first two questions. Thank you.

• 3. Re: Logos
              Sheena Kaul Adobe Employee

Can I use an Adobe Stock image as part of my company logo or brand?

No. You need to have complete ownership of the image you use for your company logo, since logos are intended to be registered and protected to prevent other companies or organizations from using the same image. Because Adobe Stock only grants a right to use images and does not transfer the ownership, these images cannot be used in or as a logo.

Reference: Common Questions, Adobe Stock

• 4. Re: Logos
                PatsyJoe Level 1

Yes, I understand that. But that doesn't answer this question:

And why can I search Stock and find vector illustrations that have been used in logos designed by logo-design websites? If I compare the logo witih the Stock images, many are very similar or the same. Changes include different colors, partial usage, mirror image or rotated vectors, almost identical lettering.

• 5. Re: Logos
                  ashr15047144

I am also curious about this... Kind of seems like they have dropped the ball on this one...

• 6. Re: Logos
                    Abambo Adobe Community Professional

PatsyJoe  wrote

And why can I search Stock and find vector illustrations that have been used in logos designed by logo-design websites?

What you can do and what you are allowed to do are two different pairs of a shoe... If the local grocery in Taiwan and the local grocery in Germany and the local grocery in the USA use the same logo, nobody will ever know about it. But when one of those decides to go global, it smells trouble.