2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2016 9:04 AM by MobileDeveloperCK

Save exisiting documents to cloud? Want access across devices

alexandrak2121502

I've been using Adobe Acrobat Reader on an older iPad to read PDFs and take notes. I wanted to access these PDFs on my MacBook Pro. On my iPad, I went to the "My Account" tab to get my login information, but I realized that I had never actually signed in and created an account with Adobe Acrobat Reader on the iPad; it was only storing my documents here. Thus, I created an Adobe ID and signed in. Now when I click "My Account" on my iPad, I see that I'm logged in with my email address. I downloaded Adobe Acrobat Reader onto my MacBook Pro and signed in. However, there are no documents. There are no "recent" documents (unlike the iPad where there are a lot). There are no documents under "Document Cloud" either. I do not see Document Cloud on the iPad.

I'm not sure how to access my files across devices. Perhaps, I need to upload the documents from the iPad onto Adobe Cloud? I'm not sure how to do this - I thought it would be all automatic.

• 1. Re: Save exisiting documents to cloud? Want access across devices
          Adorobat Adobe Employee

Hi alexandrak2121502,

I want to mention that it was the function of Mobile Link which allows you to access your files across devices but Mobile Link has been discontinued .You need to upload the documents from iPad itself.

Please visit this link for more information - Mobile Link discontinued from Acrobat and Reader

Thank You!

Shivam

• 2. Re: Save exisiting documents to cloud? Want access across devices
            MobileDeveloperCK Adobe Employee

Hi alexandrak2121502,

With the discontinuation of Mobile Link, you need to upload your documents to the Document Cloud yourself.  After July 12, 2016, the upload operation will no longer be automatic.

Here are the steps to upload your documents to the Document Cloud from Acrobat Reader on your iPad or iPhone.

Method 1: Uploading a document to the Document Cloud

1. Open a PDF document.
            2. Tap the Share icon.
              Share_Acrobat.png
            3. Select "Save to Document Cloud".
              SaveToDocumentCloud.png

Method 2: Uploading multiple documents to the Document Cloud at once

1. Go to the home screen of Acrobat Reader.
            2. Tap the blue chevron in the top bar to open the Location Switcher.
            3. Select Local.
              LocationSwitcher.png
            4. Tap the Checkmark icon (on iPad)
              Checkmark.png
              or tap the More icon and select "Select" from the menu (on iPhone)
              More.png
            5. Select multiple documents that you want to upload to the Document Cloud.
            6. Tap the Upload icon in the bottom bar.
              Upload.png
            7. Select "Upload to Document Cloud".
              UploadToDocumentCloud.png

On your computer, you can sign in with the same Adobe ID and go to the Document Cloud section in Acrobat Reader DC.  Your documents that are stored in the Document Cloud should appear in the file list.

Please let us know if you have additional questions.