2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2016 2:07 AM by tmyusuf74

Clipping Path

deer72420983

I frequently use clipping path and text wrap and have noticed that when applying clipping path to photos containing white, the path cuts into the white area or pixels. This can create holes in bodies or cut off portions of limbs in the photo. How can I keep this from happening?

• 1. Re: Clipping Path
          SJRiegel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you are using InDesign's built-in Detect Edges, you are not going to get the results you need. 

Even with this fairly straightforward image, you can see (on the right) that it can only approximate. With softer images, like people, I image it would do even worse.

The only ways that you can get what you want is to create a tight clipping path with the pen tool in Photoshop, or use Photoshop transparency, and save as a PSD. 

The image on the left uses a photoshop clipping path, the one on the right is using Detect Edges.

Screenshot 2016-06-24 12.36.53.png

• 2. Re: Clipping Path
            tmyusuf74 Level 3

I know your problem and I also know how you feel when job not work. You do one mistake go to image path and do double click then one box showing press Enter. If you wish see my attachment. clipping path serivce.jpg