Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Log into Disabled Site

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I created a trial site at http://spryn.businesscatalyst.com that I would like to delete. I tried logging in with my proper credentials, and I got the following error:

ERROR: This site is unavailable either because it no longer exists or has outstanding invoices [ERROR 3].

Could you either delete this account or enable the admin panel so I can go in and do the same? Thank you.

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Oliver.

Please open a support ticket here Contact Us | Adobe Business Catalyst  and we will help you delete your trial site. You can not access the admin panel because the site is expired.

Regards,

Roxana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a workaround for this problem, as I'm clearly not the only person frustrated by this issue. 

I ran into the #3 error when I hit a "max number of temporary sites" (which I thought was impossible since Adobe was supposedly deleting temp sites after a certain period of time.)   So, I went to an old temporary site in my browser, added the /Admin extension and tried to log in --- and that generated the infamous "ERROR: This site is unavailable either because it no longer exists or has outstanding invoices [ERROR 3]" alert

After beating my head against a wall trying to find some way to delete all the old, unused Muse temp sites, here was my solution:

1.  I created a new Muse document consisting of just one page with a block of text on it ( I think I wrote something like, "I have to make this meaningless page to delete temporary sites."

2.  I went to Publish, and published the new page using one of the expired temporary businesscatalyst.com URLs.  In my case, all those old expired URLs were still in the "Publish" dropdown. (Another symptom of this problem -- you'd think if they were actually deleted they would not still show up in that select list.)

3.  When the new page appeared in the Browser window, I went to its Admin page (oldtempsitename.businesscatalyst.com/Admin)

4.  Overwriting the old site with this "new" page apparently reactivates the expired temporary site -- and then i was able to delete it.

Yes, this is phenomenally inconvenient, and since I have built up 95 temp sites over the 4+ years I've been using Muse, it is going to take a LOT of time to go through these steps and delete them all one by one. 

But it did work -- and if have a deadline, and get blocked from creating a new prototype site to show a customer your latest revisions, this process does seem to solve that problem.

Good luck!

*** Marti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines