4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2016 7:45 AM by F. McLion

DEVELOP MODULE DISABLED - LIGHTROOM 5

jordanr62819759

I am so frustrated. i tried to talk to an adobe person on the phone and they pointed me to these stupid forums, that have not been helpful.

I was happily editing photos in lightroom yesterday and this morning I wake up and can't edit my photos because the develop module isn't working.

I don't have the creative cloud subscription and am perfectly fine with lightroom 5 that i've had forever and now it's not working.

all the forums that i've looked at are not helpful. i've restarting, resigning in and everything. i didn't download the cc version, mine even says 'lightroom 5' at the top.

i'm nervous that all my information is gone, and i'm not even sure i have access to my serial number anymore.

How do I fix this and get into my develop module? i can't spend another two hours working on this. this is ridiculous.

can someone help me?

[Moved from generic Cloud/Setup forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

• 1. Re: DEVELOP MODULE DISABLED - LIGHTROOM 5
          dj_paige Level 9

... and can't edit my photos because the develop module isn't working.

Why can't you edit your photos? Exactly what happens? Describe in detail! If there is an error message, please quote the exact complete unedited word-for-word error message.

OR show us a screen capture.

Also, please state the EXACT version number of your Lightroom (go to Help->System Info) and also please state the exact version of your operating system.

Are you paying for Lightroom on a monthly basis, or did you purchase the software license with a single payment?

• 2. Re: DEVELOP MODULE DISABLED - LIGHTROOM 5
            jordanr62819759 Level 1

When I switch from Library to Develop this is what it says:

Develop module is disabled.

Please restart Lightroom to sign in to the Creative Cloud.

Mac OS X 10.11.1

I am using Lightroom 5 and don't have a subscription, just the single license, but this is what shows up in the system info:

Lightroom version: 5.7.1 [994773]

License type: Creative Cloud

• 3. Re: DEVELOP MODULE DISABLED - LIGHTROOM 5
              dj_paige Level 9

The license type is Creative Cloud, so if you haven't paid the subscription, it simply won't work.

You need to enter your Lightroom 5 serial number so that you no longer have the Creative Cloud license, but rather the stand-alone license.

I'm not 100% sure how to do that in Lightroom 5, I don't have it any more, but I'm sure you can figure it out. I believe there is a Register command under the Help menu.

• 4. Re: DEVELOP MODULE DISABLED - LIGHTROOM 5
                F. McLion Adobe Community Professional & MVP

AFAIK, with LR 5 you need to reinstall because the CC and the stand-alone licensing model did not use the same installer.

Download from here:Install Photoshop Lightroom

1 person found this helpful