4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2016 11:20 AM by vt.ski48

images will not load LR5

vt.ski48

everything was working fine yesterday. today, LR will not load images. Began seeing grid out of focus, then individual images would not load. then program would not force quit. had to restart computer (OS 10.11.4) several times. re-downloaded LR 5. same issues. either no images appear in grid, or it just says "loading". seems to get worse with each new try. thank you.

• 1. Re: images will not load LR5
          dj_paige Level 9

Can you edit these photos in the Develop Module, or is this not working either?

Show us a screen capture.

Please state the exact version number of Lightroom you are using (go to Help->System Info)

• 2. Re: images will not load LR5
            vt.ski48 Level 1

the first image i click on, after restart will allow me to go from library to develop module. the second image i click on stops.

Lightroom version: 5.7.1

License type: Perpetual

Operating system: Mac OS 10

Version: 10.11

Application architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 4

Processor speed: 3.4 GHz

Built-in memory: 16384.0 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 16384.0 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 722.6 MB (4.4%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 1013.3 MB

Memory cache size: 160.1 MB

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 4

Displays: 1) 2560x1440

• 3. Re: images will not load LR5
              dj_paige Level 9

the first image i click on, after restart will allow me to go from library to develop module. the second image i click on stops.

But can you edit the photo? Are you talking about restart Lightroom or restart the entire computer?

What exactly stops when you click on the second image? Please provide further details.

• 4. Re: images will not load LR5
                vt.ski48 Level 1

i am not sure what you just did. (HA) but its working. what it wasn’t doing was: the image would not load. it would look entirely greyed out when going from library to develop. Or it would go to develop and just spin “loading” - this was going on for hours.. all of a sudden. it seems to be loading. thank you.