3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2016 4:43 AM by JerryPF

InDesign 2015.4 poor display performance

JerryPF Level 1

Updated to the very latest version a couple of days ago. The screen performance is now rubbish. High Quality Display looks just like Typical Display.

Everything was fine before the update, except for crashes on launch – which started from the previous update. Still get the occasional crash and the very long launch.

Has anyone else had the same experience? I use an i7 iMac with the latest El Capitan.

• 1. Re: InDesign 2015.4 poor display performance
          ohmnath Adobe Employee

Hi JerryPF,

What type of monitor you are using? I mean it is a high DPI or a normal one? If it is related to the new GPU performance, you need to have hi DPI screen as well. Please see : Adobe InDesign GPU Performance feature enhancements

If you mean the user interface, thank you for providing your feedback on the new InDesign UI. We have received some good suggestions on the the same. The most common feedback, what we can identify is about having an option or a preference to adjust UI scaling.

Your feedback will be routed to relevant teams and we will try to find the best way possible.

Regards,

Om

• 2. Re: InDesign 2015.4 poor display performance
            JerryPF Level 1

Hello Om

Thank you for your quick reply.

It’s a Late 2009 27 inch iMac, not a retina display. The strange thing is that the images briefly look anti-aliased as the document opens, then clicks to looking jagged. I have no problem with Acrobat, Illustrator or Photoshop. I ran this past Adobe Support using Bomgar, sent them an image and they experienced the same problem. They sent me a screen capture

Much as I would love a new retina display iMac, funds don’t allow. I like to stay up-to-date with all my software, but don’t appreciate this loss of performance and appearance.

Best wishes,

––

Jerry Fowler

Design & illustration

~personal info removed by Admin

• 3. Re: InDesign 2015.4 poor display performance
              JerryPF Level 1

Hi Om

I’ve found the Overprint Preview option cmdoptshift+Y and toggled it back on – all is now well again.

Thanks

––

Jerry Fowler

Design & illustration

~personal info removed by Admin