4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2016 8:48 AM by tambades

While optimising the PDF table summary get deleted

tambades

I have around 100 accessible PDFs (each document contain 25-50 tables) , where I am trying to turn on "Fast web view" as "Yes". But while doing so, it's remove the table summary from all the tables.

To turn on the "Fast Web View", I am using below given options in Adobe Acrobat XI Professional....

Save As PDF

Save As Other > Reduced Size PDF

Save As Other > Optimized PDF

Is there a way to fix this problem?

Thank you in advance for your help.

• 1. Re: While optimising the PDF table summary get deleted
          olafdruemmer Level 2
          • I would do "Reduced Size PDF" before applying anything like making it (more) accessible etc. I would never do "Reduced Size PDF"  afterwards
          • "Optimized PDF" depends a lot on the ca. 50 settings it comes with; could you try out the following: disable each and every setting in Save as "Optimized PDF", except the one for Fast Web View, also set the "Make compatible with" to "Acrobat  and later".
          • I am not 100% sure, but a pure "Save as PDF" should normally make your PDF "Fast web view" enabled anyway. In addition, it does a couple of optimizations that normally should not change anything in the file (such optimizations could be better compression or removal of data or resources that are not needed anymore).

If you are in a position to share one of your files for which it is proven that table summaries get lost after a pure "Save as PDF" or a Save as "Optimized PDF" with only the "Fast Web View" option enabled - I'd be willing to look at it and find out whether anything can be done about it.

• 2. Re: While optimising the PDF table summary get deleted
            a_C_student Level 3

Just curious - what is your reason for using table summaries? A table summary should be used if needed to describe the structure of a complex table. If the structure is complex enough to need a description, it should probably be simplified so that the summary is not needed. If the content of a table needs a summary, it should be included in the document text where it will benefit all readers.

• 3. Re: While optimising the PDF table summary get deleted
              CtDave Level 5

Consider Olaf's suggestion (doing a standard "save as" with Acrobat (not Reader)) as that will provide a "fast web view" PDF.

Be well...

• 4. Re: While optimising the PDF table summary get deleted
                tambades Level 1

Thanks for response... but....

Save as option is not working for me. We need to add summary to Tables, as our customer do not want any error or issue in full check report generated by Adobe Acrobat.