0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2008 2:52 AM by Reece_B

Data Flow Diagram application

Reece_B
      Hey there,
      Basically, I am trying to make a flash swf to create a tutorial for data flow diagrams (I'm using 2004, AS 2)
      I have several different symbols (Arrows, reference files etc. Just standard DFD stuff), that can be added and deleted by the user whenever they want. I am therefore working without concrete instance names. Instead, the name of each movie clip on the stage is determined by a "_label" (a text input box) that is attached to each clip individually. Whatever the user writes in the text box, then becomes part of the clips name...

I then needed to have these instances react to each other, so when an arrow MC passes over a reference MC, they link uptogether. The user can then start to place all this clips together until they make a full DFD. The problem comes in that, as more objects are added, it is only the first objects to appear on the timeline that reacts with anything else. After any more than say, three instances appear at runtime, some simply stop interacting with anything...

I had had all the functions stored in an "onEnterFrame" function, but I decided that this was most likely the problem. I've changed it all to a series of functions that get implemented depending on timeline based variables and what the MC's with focus are doing...

I'm sorry this is all so vague, but if anyone has any ideas then please, I'd be very grateful for the help...

The code I've given is just a very brief part, not really sure what needs to be looked at to be honest