1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 25, 2016 3:27 PM by Rick Gerard

Variable Length AE template

dianv76697640

I want to know if it is possible to have a text template that I will be able later to use in Premiere Pro that can be variable length. What I mean is an AE text template that has an animated in, visible for a variable time that I can easily set in Premiere Pro, and animated out.

Is it possible to build such a template in AE, that can be used in PP, change text and adjust duration, but the animation for text in and out will be same speed? If I stretch it normally it will change animation speed and that is not what I want. I just want same animation speed for in and out but variable time for still middle frame.

Sorry, I am kinda new to AE...

• 1. Re: Variable Length AE template
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Add your title animation to Premiere Pro, place it in a sequence where you want the title to start, edit the text, Press C to bring up the cut tool, scrub through the timeline until you get to the point where the title has animated all the way in and cut the layer, move down the timeline until just before the title starts to animate out, cut it again. Drag the last section to where you wan the title to start moving out, press the r key to bring up the rate tool and drag the right edge if the middle section of the title to the right until the gap is closed up.

There you go...