13 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2016 6:05 PM by Carm01

Adobe Flash for Firefox not installing on Windows 10 - Blank installer

Eventorizon-X

Hi All, I will just run through the process I have attempted as syntactically as I can...

- Firefox warns me that the Flash plugin is out of date and has chosen not to load it as a result

- I head to the Adobe website and download the newest version (File size is said to be 20.11Mb, for 'Windows 64-bit , English , Firefox')

- File that is downloaded is just 1.1Mb and is a binary file, but still seen as a.exe by windows explorer. (flashplayer22_xa_install.exe, from https://admdownload.adobe.com)

- I run the executable as Administrator (Right Click, Run As)

- I am presented with a Adobe Download Manager window but its blank inside (just white).

- If i close the window, a webpage loads in Internet Explorer (Not Edge for some reason), presumably as a test, but it doesn't work properly. (Site is - get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ )

- Also the 1.1Mb .exe file is deleted from my downloads (no idea why, I then have to go back through the website process and download choice if I want to try again)

I wanted to find a straight forward .exe that would just install the program rather than going through the downloader but that apparently doesn't exist.