2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2016 4:19 PM by trshaner

Full view at lower resolution

williamp99840120 Level 1

I'm responsible for displaying pictures at our photography club during monthly judging meetings.  The maximum image size permitted for a picture is 1024 x 768 pixels.  This is pretty standard across the state.  I want to use Lightroom to display the pictures completely filling the monitor and the projected picture on the screen for all to view.  I want to use Lightroom so that if requested I can make a virtual copy and jump into develop mode.  With a larger resolution picture this works fine by just hitting "F" for full view, but with the small image size I can't get a full size picture.  How can I do this.

I'm using Windows 10 and Lightroom CC.28 Vineyard Tidal Pool,Bill Payne,Open,Sep 11.jpg

• 1. Re: Full view at lower resolution
          wobertc Adobe Community Professional

Our club is in a similar situation, but we use a digital projector with native 1024x768 so images are full screen.

I have tried in both Lightroom and Adobe Bridge to get a 'correct' full-screen image with no luck.

Setting the "Zoom" parameters in Lightroom to toggle with the Spacebar (while in Full-screen mode) makes the image enlarge greater than the screen. There is no option for any 'inbetween' ratio from 1:1 1:2..

I can only suggest using a third-party program such as XnView (freeware) which has a slideshow component that will show full-screen. Then use ALT+TAB to quickly switch between XnView and Lightroom to demo the editing.

• 2. Re: Full view at lower resolution
            trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is a duplicate post.

Please see my suggestion here: Re: Full view at lower resolution