2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2016 3:52 PM by trshaner

Full view at lower resolution

williamp99840120

I'm responsible for displaying pictures at our photography club during monthly judging meetings.  The maximum image size permitted for a picture is 1024 x 768 pixels.  This is pretty standard across the state.  I want to use Lightroom to display the pictures completely filling the monitor and the projected picture on the screen for all to view.  I want to use Lightroom so that if requested I can make a virtual copy and jump into develop mode.  With a larger resolution picture this works fine by just hitting "F" for full view, but with the small image size I can't get a full size picture.  How can I do this.

I'm using Windows 10 and Lightroom CC.28 Vineyard Tidal Pool,Bill Payne,Open,Sep 11.jpg

• 1. Re: Full view at lower resolution
          Per Berntsen Adobe Community Professional

Lightroom won't enlarge an image beyond the pixel dimensions to make it fit on screen, if it did, the image would be pixellated.

The only solution I can think of is to use larger images that are least as big as the projector's resolution.

• 2. Re: Full view at lower resolution
            trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

williamp99840120 wrote:

I'm responsible for displaying pictures at our photography club during monthly judging meetings. The maximum image size permitted for a picture is 1024 x 768 pixels.

I'm using Windows 10 and Lightroom CC.

You'll need to use a projector that supports 1024x768 resolution setting. For monitor viewing change your display resolution in Control Panel > Display> Change Display Settings and select a Resolution that is closest to 1024x768. In the case of my 2560x1440 monitor the closest setting is 1360x765: