2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2016 4:35 PM by RoninEdits

I will be doing light to medium video editing- What CPU and Video Card ?

andrew 440

I will be using Adobe Premier Elements to do light to medium video editing. Will a Dell xps 8900 special edition with a I-7 6700K with a Geforce GTX 980 4gb ddr5 and 32 gb  2133 DDR4 memory along with a 512 gb m.2 solid state drive and a  2 tb 7200rpm hard drive do the job ?

Thanks for any help

• 1. Re: I will be doing light to medium video editing- What CPU and Video Card ?
          Bill Gehrke Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Probably yes, because this is Premiere Pro Hardware forum and you might be able to edit some media with the much more demanding Premiere Pro with that general hardware configuration.  You might check with the Premiere Elements forum.  But be more specific on what media you will editing.

• 2. Re: I will be doing light to medium video editing- What CPU and Video Card ?
            RoninEdits Most Valuable Participant

i would avoid dell and lenovo, as they were caught installing bad software on their computers, making them vulnerable to hackers. a quick search for the m.2 in that dell xps 8900 looks like its a sata m.2, which is not the fast pcie m.2 kind. people reported not being able to upgrade it to the fast m.2 ssd's, so the m.2 may just be a sales gimmick for that dell. those dells seem priced kind of high too.

if you want something similar hp offers some towers, the Envy and Envy Phoenix. asus also sells some towers, like the G11CD. online custom pc shops or perhaps a local shop near you are other options.

a basic system would be an intel i7-6700k, 16gb ram, gtx 960, 256-512 sata ssd (m.2 isn't needed for os/apps), and another drive for media such as 2tb hdd or another sata ssd.