2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2016 7:20 AM by bethy56088552

Flickr plug-in issue status code: 502

bethy56088552

I've recently ran into an issue with the Flickr plug-in publish service in Lightroom version: CC 2015.6. Despite repeatedly restarting LR and my iMac, I get the following error when attempting to use the publish feature: "Can't update this collection. Status code: 502". I'm running LR on OS X El Capitan 10.11.5. My boyfriend, who also uses the current version of LR CC with Flickr, tried it on his PC and gets the same error. I also made sure my CC apps are up to date. Not sure if this is a LR issue or a Flickr issue. Any suggestions??

• 1. Re: Flickr plug-in issue status code: 502
          johnrellis Most Valuable Participant

That status code is likely a standard HTTP error code that probably indicates the problem is not in LR or a LR plugin, but rather with a server.  It could be a problem with a Flickr server (most likely), or it could be a problem with a proxy server somewhere between your computer and the Flickr server.

In the last year or two, Flickr has been more and more unreliable, as Yahoo (its owner) enters a death spiral.  Has the problem cleared up on its own?

• 2. Re: Flickr plug-in issue status code: 502
            bethy56088552 Level 1

John, Flickr must've corrected the issue- I tried again this morning and it appears to be working. On the Flickr help site, a number of people had complained so the problem must have been wide spread. Thanks