2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2016 6:49 AM by MobileDeveloperCK Branched from an earlier discussion.

My Adobe PDF form appears blank

davidr17924565

My Adobe PDF form is being sent as an email attachment. With the prior version in IOS IPhone when I opened the PDF through Adobe Acrobat the form would show all the populated fields.

With the new update, the form show up blank....the fields do not appear Populated unless I highlight the cell.  Once the cell is closed, the cell it goes blank again.

FYI on a Windows or Mac laptop the PDF is populated.   It appears to be an IOS issue. How can I modify or fix to allow the form to be fully visible on the IPhone?

• 1. Re: My Adobe PDF form appears blank
          MobileDeveloperCK Adobe Employee

Hi,

I created a new forum thread for you.

Have you used any other non-Adobe apps on your mobile device or computer to create or fill out the form?  In particular, have you used Apple Preview on your Mac laptop to fill out the form?

To properly diagnose the problem, we would like to examine your PDF form.

Would you be willing to share your PDF form with us (Adobe)?  I sent you a private forum message with the instructions on how to share your PDF form with us.

Thank you for your help!

• 2. Re: My Adobe PDF form appears blank
            MobileDeveloperCK Adobe Employee

Hi,

We received your PDF form via email.  Thank you!

First, I opened your PDF form in the desktop version of Acrobat Reader DC on a Mac computer.  The populated fields appeared blank as well.

The Document Properties dialog (File > Properties...) shows that the PDF form was generated by Mac OS X 10.11.1. Quartz PDFContext.

DocumentProperties.png

The PDF forms generated by Apple products or filled out in Apple Preview (desktop app) contain invalid entries that cause populated fields to appear blank.

To repair the existing faulty PDF form

• Open the PDF form in Acrobat Reader (desktop or mobile app), click/tap each populated field, append space, and remove the space.  (This repairs an individual field.)
            • Open the PDF form in Acrobat Pro or Standard (paid desktop app), clear all of the text fields, then fill out the form again.

In the future, it is recommended to

• Avoid using Apple Preview (desktop app) on a Mac computer to fill out PDF forms.
            • Use the Acrobat Reader mobile app for iOS or Android to fill out PDF forms.
            • Use the desktop version of Acrobat Reader DC on a Mac or Windows computer to fill out PDF forms.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Thank you.