I created a new forum thread for you.
Have you used any other non-Adobe apps on your mobile device or computer to create or fill out the form? In particular, have you used Apple Preview on your Mac laptop to fill out the form?
To properly diagnose the problem, we would like to examine your PDF form.
Would you be willing to share your PDF form with us (Adobe)? I sent you a private forum message with the instructions on how to share your PDF form with us.
Thank you for your help!
We received your PDF form via email. Thank you!
First, I opened your PDF form in the desktop version of Acrobat Reader DC on a Mac computer. The populated fields appeared blank as well.
The Document Properties dialog (File > Properties...) shows that the PDF form was generated by Mac OS X 10.11.1. Quartz PDFContext.
The PDF forms generated by Apple products or filled out in Apple Preview (desktop app) contain invalid entries that cause populated fields to appear blank.
To repair the existing faulty PDF form
- Open the PDF form in Acrobat Reader (desktop or mobile app), click/tap each populated field, append space, and remove the space. (This repairs an individual field.)
- Open the PDF form in Acrobat Pro or Standard (paid desktop app), clear all of the text fields, then fill out the form again.
In the future, it is recommended to
- Avoid using Apple Preview (desktop app) on a Mac computer to fill out PDF forms.
- Use the Acrobat Reader mobile app for iOS or Android to fill out PDF forms.
- Use the desktop version of Acrobat Reader DC on a Mac or Windows computer to fill out PDF forms.
Please let us know if you have further questions.