2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2009 5:38 AM by Newsgroup_User

Deleted swc files causing an error

invisibleBlade Level 1
      Hi,
      I have built an AIR app using FB3 and have been playing around with styling it up. At first I was using flash cs4 to build skins and import them as swc files which worked fine but then I realised that I could get away with just using style sheets and so I deleted the swc files and all references to them that I could see. Now when I try to run the project I get an error saying that flex was unable to open the swc.
      I can't find where the error originates from or why it should still be looking for the file at all. I have tried cleaning the project and restarting FB but I cant clear this error.
      Anyone have any advice on this one?

Cheers all
        • 1. Re: Deleted swc files causing an error
          invisibleBlade Level 1
          As a afterthought I copied the files in to a new project and it compiles fine so the issue must be with the project as a whole rather than a specific part of my code.
          • 2. Re: Deleted swc files causing an error
            Level 7

"invisibleBlade" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:gpo2pd$n50$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > Hi,
            > I have built an AIR app using FB3 and have been playing around with
            > styling it
            > up. At first I was using flash cs4 to build skins and import them as swc
            > files
            > which worked fine but then I realised that I could get away with just
            > using
            > style sheets and so I deleted the swc files and all references to them
            > that I
            > could see. Now when I try to run the project I get an error saying that
            > flex
            > was unable to open the swc.
            > I can't find where the error originates from or why it should still be
            > looking
            > for the file at all. I have tried cleaning the project and restarting FB
            > but I
            > cant clear this error.
            > Anyone have any advice on this one?

Try cleaning your project.