13 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2016 7:17 AM by yigitg49268649

Extend duration of imported PSD "footage" layers

dmoz15 Level 1

I have imported a layered Photoshop file into After Effects as a layered comp with several .psd "footage" layers:

Screen Shot 2016-06-27 at 1.23.33 PM.png

I've created and edited the comps within the 20s main comp with animations and effects. Now I need to extend the .psd layers(all ~7s) to the length of the main comp(20s).

I've tried dragging to extend their regions and right-clicking > Time > Enable Time Remapping(this allows me to extend the region with keyframes, but the content still ends proportionally short of the containing comp duration).

When I right-click the .psd layer and click "Open Layer Source", the preview shows the layer duration extending to the same time as it shows in the timeline(~7s)...

icZAR.png

but the green "render bar" only goes to 5s. And no content is showing while the playhead is at 6s, below...

sWEMD.png

This is also reflected when I drag the playhead in the main comp timeline—the layers with this problem disappear at 5s even though their regions extend to 7s.

1. I need to get these layer regions to extend the length of my 20s comp.

2. It seems like the layer source only goes to 5s when I "Open Layer Source", so even though the region currently extends to ~7s, the 'content' only goes to 5s.

How do I get extend everything to 20-seconds without doing all of my keyframes/animations/effects over again?

Or is there a way to re-import just those layers at a longer duration, but keep all of my keyframes/animations/effects.

Using the latest Photoshop CC 2015.5 & After Effects CC v2015.3.

Thanks!