4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2009 10:44 AM by Kurrykid

Where the Help Documentation for CS4?

Kurrykid Level 3
      When you click Help in Flash CS4, you go to "Search Community Help" page which does not usually produce very good results. Where can I find the normal Flash help documentation?

Thank you.

Dave
        • 1. Re: Where the Help Documentation for CS4?
          RossRitchey Level 4
          Good luck.

For some reason, Adobe decided to move all help online with CS4, and the online solution they built is amateur at best (otherwise known as awful). There is a PDF language reference that you can search through, but you are better off getting a book, or finding some good online resources away from Adobe. (Or you could always keep CS3 installed and use it as your help resource...)
          • 2. Re: Where the Help Documentation for CS4?
            Level 7
            That is incorrect. The HELP still sucks but you can go to Window/Extensions
            and opt for offline. If you are a CS4 user this will change all your
            products HELP to offline.

"rritchey" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:gplq3j$pe7$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > Good luck.
            >
            > For some reason, Adobe decided to move all help online with CS4, and the
            > online solution they built is amateur at best (otherwise known as awful).
            > There is a PDF language reference that you can search through, but you are
            > better off getting a book, or finding some good online resources away from
            > Adobe. (Or you could always keep CS3 installed and use it as your help
            > resource...)
            >
            >

• 3. Re: Where the Help Documentation for CS4?
              RossRitchey Level 4
              @tweaked_eye - not incorrect, simply missing that option. The CS4 version of off-line help is a searchable PDF language reference. My recommendations still stand as to the best ways to get Flash CS4 help.

Here is an old thread that discusses this topic at length.
              • 4. Re: Where the Help Documentation for CS4?
                Kurrykid Level 3
                Thanks guys...I'll have to look at the offline options.

Dave