2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2016 2:44 PM by thonyk3429212

Adobe Design CC in Mac Mini Mid-2007

thonyk3429212

Hi, I'm thinking in purchase an used Mac Mini mid-2007 (A1176 ver 2.1) with Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 2000Mhz, 2GB ram, Os X 10.7 to enter to the Mac world ;-)

I'd like to know if I'll be able to run the Adobe XD, as up to now it's still not clear for me if it's a program that I'd need to install or a web application (e.g Adobe Story)

Hardware and software requirements for installing, running, and using Adobe Experience Design.  - I found the requirements there but if it's a web application, it'd basically no matter in which machine I'm runing it, isn't it?

I'd really appreciate your comments to clear the situation.

Best regards,

• 1. Re: Adobe Design CC in Mac Mini Mid-2007
          elainecc Adobe Employee

Hey, thonyk3429212-

Great questions, and I'm glad you asked before you purchased! The answer to your question is: no, that's not quite right.

Adobe XD has two components to it (so far): a native desktop design surface and a web sharing service for sharing prototypes. The browsers you see listed in the bottom section are for the shared prototypes, and the section on top is for the desktop design surface. As you can see, the desktop requirements are a minimum of 10.10 (Yosemite) with 4GB RAM. As such, the system you're contemplating wouldn't be sufficient to run XD.

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Adobe Design CC in Mac Mini Mid-2007
            thonyk3429212 Level 1

Hey Elaine,

Thanks for the quick reply! :-)

I thought so, besides it'd not be able to run any of the latest version of the rest adobe apps, better won't buy it.

Cheers!!