• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble Saving/Publishing Muse CC Websites After Updating My Muse CC Software This Morning? How Can The Outlined Issues Be Resolved?

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trouble Saving/Publishing Muse CC Websites After Updating My Muse CC Software This Morning? How Can The Outlined Issues Be Resolved?

After Updating my Muse CC software this morning, I opened one of my existing 2 of 5 Free Business Catalyst websites: ministerioslugaresaltos.org. I made updates to the 3 platform homepages (Desktop/Tablet/Phone). I then attempted to save the Site and it prompted me to setup a new site as my existing site information was blank within the interface. I input my existing domain name and Business Catalyst automatically generated an 01 at the end of my domain e.g.: ministerioslugaresaltos01.businesscatalyst.com. It also erased all references to my existing domain and analytics and forced be to "Add Domain" to Launch Site. However, this website and domain, along with my other related website domain: higherplacesministries.org has been launched since 2013 - 2014. I need Business Catalyst to restore my existing websites (from backup servers) and to reverse the use of the two additional Free Websites generated by the software integration between Business Catalyst and Muse CC...ASAP! I wasted my entire day trying to post a few simple weekly updates to both of my websites. VERY DISAPPOINTED!

I need Business Catalyst Support.

Thanks

TOPICS
Content management and modules

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try this solution!?!  This worked for me!

1. Publish an empty muse file to a new site.
  2. Close Muse and re-Open the Muse file (with the empty layout). The new site must be recognized upon issuing the 'publish to business catalyst' command.
  3. Close Muse.
  4. Opened the previous Muse file that you were trying to publish, and try publishing again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the Reply. I will try this to see if I can post the updates to my existing websites.

The other pending issue is: I never wanted to create two NEW sites I simply wanted to update the existing ones. However, now Business Catalyst has forced Muse to create NEW sites that I need restored to my NEW site inventory--and two NEW subdomains that I don't need. I don't want to have to manually migrate the old source sites to new sites using FTP or Dreamweaver as it can be a long tedious process.

I just need Business Catalyst to go back in time to about: 9:00AM, June 27, 2016 and restore everything from its backup servers and datacenter for my account.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines