I have a slideshow Flash object which pics filename are
supplied by an .XML
file created dinamically every time the page loads.
Unfortunately the .SWF is always being read from cache even
though the .XML is changed
correctly. The Flash movie always shows the pictures loaded
at start of the application.
I am able to refresh the Flash movie if:
- I restart the application;
- I set the browser setting to check for newer version of
stored pages to "every time";
- after 5/10 minutes have elapsed from the last reloading
(couldn't find a real pattern here);
To prevent caching I have tried the following:
- Added a random number at the and of the URL that calls the
- Added <META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="Mon, 04 Dec
1999 21:29:02 GMT">
- Added <META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
- Added <META HTTP-EQUIV="Cache-Control"
in various combinations.
- Used <cfheader name="Expires"
- Modified the param name="movie" to
Opening the Gallery.fla with Flash 2004 in the Component
Inspector, parameter xml Path = gallery.xml changed to
"gallery.xm?Math.round(Math.random() * 99999
all this to prevent the browser to read from cache and
download a fresh copy from the server, but to no avail.