3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2016 5:13 PM by Steve Grisetti

Premiere Elements 12 closes immediately after opening a new project and has an error message when opening an existing project

Syrrcbij

I've seen a few people here with this problem, but none of the solutions I've seen so far have solved it for me. As soon as I open a new project from the welcome screen, the program immediately closes once the project window opens. Trying to open an existing project from the welcome screen gives me an error message that says "The project is not compatible with current version of Premiere Elements" despite the fact I was using this version to work on it previously. Oddly enough, the program then opens a new project without problems once this error message appears and, if I open an existing project from the File menu, the project opens and can be worked on without any problems.

For reference, my computer is running Windows 7, I'm opening Premiere Elements as an administrator, and I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program several times and still get the same problems. I've had these issues for a while now, so I'm hoping to figure out how to get Premiere Elements working without having to go through all these indirect steps to get it to work properly!