7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2018 8:22 AM by kevin3d

Cinema 4D Lite causes After Effects to crash

Cfalen

I've had this problem on both After Effects 2015.3 and After Effects 2014. Every time I go to make a new Cinema 4D file it causes After Effects to not respond then crash. It will also give this error - AEGP Plugin CINEWARE Scenelayer : CINERENDER Connection Failure Execute (5027::12) when I bring a Cinema 4D file into After Effects. I did notice that the files DO NOT have a logo on them and my computer does not seem to recognize the file type. Is there a way to update Cinema 4D or does it update as After Effects updates because I feel like this could be the problem.

My pc specs are:

GPU - GeForce GTX 980 Ti

CPU - Intel i7-6700k @ 4.00GHz

Memory - 16 gigs

OS - Windows 10

• 1. Re: Cinema 4D Lite causes After Effects to crash
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

This is something on your system blocking this stuff. Check your firewall and virus scanner and reinstall AE.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Cinema 4D Lite causes After Effects to crash
            Cfalen Level 1

Hello!

I've checked the firewall and my virus scanner, after effects and everything adobe is already allowed through (couldn't find one for Cinema 4D). I reinstalled AE and I am still getting the error AEGP Plugin CINEWARE SceneLayer: CINERENDER - Connection failure ( 5027 :: 12 ). It did not crash this time around.

• 3. Re: Cinema 4D Lite causes After Effects to crash
              Cfalen Level 1

UPDATE it just crashed after I sent the message

• 4. Re: Cinema 4D Lite causes After Effects to crash
                Cfalen Level 1

I found a work around for now. I need to run After Effects as administrator.

• 5. Re: Cinema 4D Lite causes After Effects to crash
                  pierreh64758827

I have had the same problem.

I tried to start after effects as administrator (right click on the after effects icon and choose start as administrator) and now its works well for me.

• 6. Re: Cinema 4D Lite causes After Effects to crash
                    anamateurtries

I have the same tech specs and the same problem. How do I check my firewall to allow all adobe stuff through?

• 7. Re: Cinema 4D Lite causes After Effects to crash
                      kevin3d

I am having the same issue. With me what happens is:

1. I Launch Adobe After Effects CC 2018 (15.1.0)
                      2. I either import a Cinema 4D file (.c4d) or create a new Cinema 4D file.
                      3. I create a composition with the Cinema 4D object as a layer
                      4. When I scrub the compositions timeline, After Effects crashes

It seems the last version of After Effects w/C4D Lite I can get to work on my system is After Effects CC 2015 (13.5).  I noticed when I re-installed and launched AE 2015 I got a windows firewall pop-up to set an exception; I do not get that with AE 2018. Note that I work at a financial institution so I don't have admin rights to my system and sit behind a robust firewall. Is there a list of sites that should be white listed for Creative Cloud that I can pass on to my IT department?

I also suspect that there may be issues with how my Display Adapter is configured (again, I don't have admin rights to my system ). I use Mercury Software Only under project settings for Video Rendering and Effects (I also have to do this when using Premiere and Media Encoder). My system configuration is:

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise  

Version    6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601  

System Model    HP EliteBook 8470w      

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3720QM CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)  

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    8.00 GB  

Total Physical Memory    7.93 GB  

Available Physical Memory    3.34 GB  

Total Virtual Memory    15.9 GB  

Available Virtual Memory    9.87 GB  

Display Adapter AMD FirePro M2000  

Adapter RAM    1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)  

Driver Version    8.951.6.2300