• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has anyone successfully integrated a BC site with an Instgram gallery plugin, widget or feed?

Participant ,
Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Instalink (http://codecanyon.net/item/jquery-instagram-plugin-instalink/10585662) for a while, but since the Instagram API recently changed it no longer supports an important feature for me. I can still use Instalink to pull the 20 most recent posts from a specific account; however, if I need it to pull by hashtag from that account, it still only looks at the most recent 20 photos.

I have a customer with a fishing website.  They show photos by type of fishing on different pages.  Now, some of my pages have empty photo galleries because a specific type isn't in the latest 20 photos.  This restriction occurs because BC doesn't support PHP.

So, does anyone have a better solution to pull photos by account and hashtag?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI,

You just need to follow the Instagram API key creation. There are plenty of guides and plugins updated to use it. The main part of the process Instagram introduced with the key is that you have to get your app/feed use approved. You get a temp period of test/development use with a key but you need to complete the processes.

Part of it is the ID which you get from generating the API.
Apps like : Instafeed.js - a simple Instagram javascript plugin have the info in the documentation. In fact that is the first plugin that comes up if you google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines