3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2016 11:28 PM by [Ravi Kiran]

Preflight Minimum Type Size not working as expected

IvyB5 Level 1

We were happy to find the feature where you can customize a Preflight Profile and have it check for a Minimum Type Size. On our documents, we need to ensure that nothing is smaller than 6 pt. So we set the "Minimum Type Size" to 6 pt and it works. It will show errors when the type size is smaller than 6 point. However, sometimes it is also showing errors on items that ARE 6 pt. The Info even says it is 6 pt.

Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 2.54.52 PM.png

I checked the text frame of each item and none of them are scaled nor has the actual text been scaled.

As a check, I opened a new document, created a text box and filled it with placeholder text. I then set it to 6 point. No errors were reported.

I then changed some of the text to 5.99 pt. It correctly reports the error for that part. I then copied and pasted the objects from the first document which were being tagged with 6 pt errors (even though they are 6 pt, not less than 6 pt). Now the new document is showing those items as errors.

Obviously, these are coming from the legacy/predicate text.

Returning to my first document, I copied one of the error-tagged objects and pasted it a couple of times. I set the text on one of them to 5.99 pt and another to 5.79 pt. I then reset my Preflight Profile's "Minimum Type Size" to 5.99 pt.

Now it is showing errors only for the items that are less than 5.99 pt. Therefore, operating the way I want it to.

Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 3.07.20 PM.png 

Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 3.07.55 PM.png

As one last check, I changed my Preflight Profile's Minimum Type Size to 8 pt and I added a new text box to my document and put some 8 pt type in there. It is marking it as an error even though it isn't.

It doesn't help our workflow to have errors being reported that are NOT errors. We want it to report Errors only when the text is Less Than 6 pt.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?