10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2017 1:17 PM by georgecv

Cannot register Cinema 4D Lite

ashman144

I recently migrated my installation of After Effects to a new computer and installed the latest version. When I attempted to use my old Cinema 4D activation code, it would not work with the message that registration was unsuccessful. I tried to re-register under the same e-mail address but it's been three days and I haven't received an activation code from Maxon. I tried again with a different address, directly on their web site, and on my other computer with a never-before registered version of Cinema 4D Lite but none of that work. I still don't have an activation code from any of those attempts.

Is anybody else having the same issue or know a solution? I tried Maxon's customer support e-mail but I haven't heard anything from them. Thanks for any help anybody can offer.

• 1. Re: Cannot register Cinema 4D Lite
          whaleape

Yep, exactly the same issue here...I've tried several times both in software and on the website. Two days no response!

• 2. Re: Cannot register Cinema 4D Lite
            Stefan Gruenwedel Adobe Employee

I asked someone I know at Maxon to look into it.

• 3. Re: Cannot register Cinema 4D Lite
              PBabbC4D Level 1

I'm sorry you are having problems registering Lite. I've reported it to the admin in Germany who manages that system in case there are issues there.

I'm also concerned that your support request was not answered. Support questions are typically answered within hours. Did you fill out the Maxon support form? If not, please do. If there is nothing wrong with the registration system, the support team will need to contact you to troubleshoot the issue.

If you did not use the support form, how did you contact Support? And, more importantly, where are you located?

Best,

Paul Babb

• 4. Re: Cannot register Cinema 4D Lite
                ashman144 Level 1

Thank you for the response. I'm located in the US. I used the e-mail address support_us@maxon.net. I found it in a Google search on contacting Maxon support. I did see the support form as an option for contacting Maxon support but it appeared that the form requires a serial number for my product (would that be the Cinema 4D Lite ID on the Personalize menu option?) and I did not see Cinema 4D Lite on the drop-down menu for the application I needed help with. For future reference, what would be the appropriate choice for each of those?

Again, thank you for the help and I appreciate your looking into this!

Edit: I received the activation codes last night. Thanks again for the help!

• 5. Re: Cannot register Cinema 4D Lite
                  PBabbC4D Level 1

ashman144 wrote:

Edit: I received the activation codes last night. Thanks again for the help!

Excellent!

• 6. Re: Cannot register Cinema 4D Lite
                    pienkie01

Hi there

I've tried filling in the Maxon support form, but they insist on a serial number and since this is for Lite with AE, I don't have a serial number. While I understand from their support's side why it's insisting on this information it is really frustrating for me.

I'm having trouble obtaining the activation code for my version of cinema 4D lite (to enable the free mograph features). My workstation is not connected to the internet, so I have registered using the ID on another PC and I have received an e-mail from Maxon. Unfortunately instead of a code, I got the following:

Your Activation Code:

Unfortunately an error occurred while generating your CINEMA 4D activation code.

I would really like to explore more of Cinema 4D's features, but have never been able to get this activation to work.

• 7. Re: Cannot register Cinema 4D Lite
                      Stefan Gruenwedel Adobe Employee

I'll notify Maxon and ask them to follow up with you in this thread.

• 8. Re: Cannot register Cinema 4D Lite
                        pienkie01 Level 1

Thanks Stefan. It might be me typing in the ID wrong, but it's difficult to

verify.

• 9. Re: Cannot register Cinema 4D Lite
                          PBabbC4D Level 1

Hey Pienkie01,

If your computer is not connected to the internet, you can activate Cinema 4D Lite using the link from your computer on another machine.  However since you've already tried something on another machine, support may need to do some maintenance on their back end as well.

Could you please send your Cinema 4D Lite ID as well as the URL for the Link you use to activate from Cinema 4D to support_us@maxon.net)? To get the URL, right click on it in Cinema 4D Lite and choose Copy Link Address (Mac) or (on Windows) choose Properties and at the bottom of the window where it says URL copy the URL manually (make sure to get the whole thing, as some of it is hidden until your selection scrolls past the visible part).

They should be able to use those two things to activate you on their end.

Paul

• 10. Re: Cannot register Cinema 4D Lite
                            georgecv

Hi, I've received my activation code from Maxon for Morgaph but what do I do with it? I look under Help/personalise but there is nowhere to enter it.